Although InqScribe is built around QuickTime and Windows Media Player, you can also use VLC Player to playback subtitled videos with your InqScribe transcript. Here's how:
- Open InqScribe.
- Prepare your transcript.
- Once it's ready, select "File > Export > SubRip Format..."
- Select a name for your file and specify its save location with the "Choose..." button. This will create a SubRip .srt file of your transcript.
- Open VLC Player.
- In VLC Player, select "Media > Open File" from the top menu bar, choose the video file associated with your subtitles, and select "Open."
- The video will begin playing. Now select "Subtitle > Add Subtitle File..." Choose the SubRip file you created in InqScribe (ending in .srt) and select "Open."
- VLC Player will now display your subtitles!
For a list of supported file formats, head over to the VideoLAN wiki page below:
New to InqScribe? InqScribe is designed to make typing transcripts as easy as possible. Visit our website
to learn more and request a free 14-day trial