If you're having trouble getting your foot pedal to work, here are some general things to try:
1. Quit InqScribe, plug in the foot pedal, and start InqScribe again.
InqScribe only recognizes devices that are plugged in when it starts up. If you plug in the foot pedal after you start InqScribe, it won't be recognized.
2. Unplug other USB devices
There are a few devices that known to conflict with USB foot pedals. Try disconnecting them and setting up the foot pedals again.
In particular, we've seen issues with:
- HP Multimedia Keyboards (e.g. Model KB38211)
- Microsoft Multimedia Keyboards
We recommend doing the following:
- Quit InqScribe.
- Unplug other USB devices
- Make sure your foot pedal is plugged in
- Start InqScribe
- Start the foot pedal wizard, and try to define the pedal buttons again.
- Once you've set up the foot pedal, you can plug your keyboard back in.
3. Try a different USB dongle (if applicable)
If you're using a dongle or USB hub to connect a USB-A foot pedal to your computer's USC-C port, there could be connection issues.
While most dongles we tested worked as expected, we have noted issues with some devices. In particular, the VAVA multifunction USB hub did not work in our testing. If you are having issues using a dongle or USB hub, please try using an alternative connection device if possible.
If you are still having issues after trying the above steps, let us know! We will help you troubleshoot further. Contact us by sending an email to inqscribe.com/support.